Newly Developed Scalloped Bracing
A new FG has louder and stronger sound in the low- to mid-ranges, thanks to cutting-edge acoustic analysis technology developed by the Yamaha R&D Division.
Yamaha’s engineers have achieved this sound by utilizing analysis and simulation to arrive at the best bracing design without depending on tradition or guesswork.
This analysis led to the development of the new scalloped bracing pattern, a new and ideal acoustic structure that maintains the durability of the top board while bringing out the most sound the Yamaha FG has to offer.
50 Years of History
The history of Yamaha‘s FG series started in 1966 with the release of the FG180 and FG150. Over the 50 years since its introduction, we have developed and produced several generations of FG - all of which have made FG the ideal acoustic for contemporary players.
In all, there have been over 200 FG models since 1966.
Made in Yamaha
Every aspect of an FG is crafted to make a better guitar. From painstakingly cured and dried woods to beautiful hand-sprayed finishes and detailed quality control checks each and every FG is made to be a lifelong partner.
Rosewood Back & Sides
Deep lows and bright highs
System 66 feature an under-saddle piezo pickup developed by Yamaha. Controls include a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring. The system is powered by easy to obtain AA-size batteries that provide a stable power supply for improved sound quality.
- Body Shape Traditional Western Cutaway
- Scale Length 650mm (25 9/16")
- Body Length 505mm (19 7/8")
- Total Length 1038mm (40 7/8")
- Body Width 412mm (16 1/4")
- Body Depth 100-118mm (3 15/16"- 4 5/8")
- Nut Width 43mm (1 11/16")
- String Spacing * 11.0mm
- Top Material Solid Spruce
- Back Material Rosewood
- Side Material Rosewood
- Neck Material Nato
- Fingerboard Material Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius R400mm (23 5/8")
- Bridge Material Rosewood
- Nut Material Urea
- Saddle Material Urea
- Bridge Pins Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners Die-cast Chrome(TM29T)
- Body Binding Cream
- Soundhole Inlay Abalone w/ Black + White
- Pickguard Tortoise Pattern (Black for BL color variation)
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Matt
- Electronics SYSTEM66 + SRT Pickup
- Controls Vol/3-band EQ/Tuner/Mid FQ
- Connections LINE OUT
- Strings .012/.016/.025(or.024)/.032/.042/.052(or.053)
- Color Natural, Black
- Accessories Hex Wrench, 2 x AA Batteries
- Case None